Friday 13 April 2012

Little Green Street Gallery

On a earlier blog (Thu Mar 15) I showed a building (top left) from the Market's area of Dublin with some colourful graffiti and asked "Is it Art?". Caite from N.J. in the United States who blogs under "a little shore breeze" posted in reply: " I would say if it was the artist's property..fine. But does one have the 'right' to damage another's property because of your 'art'? I think not."
This troubled me, and eventually, today I got back there to discover that this old building is in fact an Art Gallery, and the murals and graffiti are intentional.
The Little Green Street Gallery has a fascinating exhibition running at the moment based on Tintin the fictional character in The Adventures of Tintin, the series of classic Belgian comic books written and illustrated by Hergé.

No comments: