Sunday 25 October 2009

The Irish Museum of Modern Art


Today I visited the Irish Museum of Modern Art (or IMMA as it is better known) in The Royal Hospital in Kilmainham. The museum was officially opened by Taoiseach (Prime Minister) Charles Haughey in 1991 and is Ireland's main centre(center) for modern and contemporary art.
I was happily photographing some of the exhibits when an official came frantically running towards me shouting at me to STOP... Oops, I didn't realize that photography was prohibited. But for the benefit of my International Blogger friends I have just sneaked two photos (top right) into my collage. I have no idea what the two pieces are about - but that's art - well, you have to figure it out for yourself!
It was evening time when I visited IMMA and because our clocks went back one hour last night to signal the start of Winter time it was already getting dark at 4.30pm as you can see from my other photos.
However, it's a really interesting place and I will definitely go back...

3 comments:

steviewren said...

Why are museums so picky about photography? In the Louvre flash photography is allowed everywhere except of the Mona Lisa and the crown jewels. Go figure...

Valerie said...

It looks an interesting place but banning photographs is crazy. I wouldn't mind if people to pictures of my house!

Maria said...

Do you know that the clocks don't go back at all in Indian Standard Time (IST)? It's always the same here. I liked the photos as always.