Friday 26 June 2009

These Dogs Take Some Licking!

Recently I ventured into the attic in my parent's house in search of my old stamp, coin and postcard collection. During the course of my search I discovered a Black Bob annual from my childhood. It brought back many fond memories, and one page in the annual which I am posting here had different breeds of dogs which featured on postage stamps (apologies for the poor quality - but hey, this book is nearly as old as me!).
If I remember correctly this page actually got me interested in stamp collecting. Ah happy days! There was no Nintendo Game Boy or Sony Playstation or Wii back then, just The Dandy, The Beano, Look & Learn, stamps and coins and Dinky toys to swop.
Happy PFF everybody. And don't forget to drop in on Marie at Postcard Friendship Friday, it's great fun and you will also meet up with other happy PFFers from around the globe.

13 comments:

Debby said...

Oh, isn't it great to find things from our childhood, love it.
debby

Postcardy said...

The page with dog stamps is cute. I like to collect postcards with pictures of stamps.I still have my old stamp collection. I wanted to sell it but found out nobody would be interested in it.

Marie Reed said...

Good morning Con! What a an attic adventure you had. How delightful to have found the stamp sheet that started it all! It's such a treasure! I have a 19 year old border collie:) I just love that pooch to pieces. Happy PFF!

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

Not something I've ever considered before, but I don't think I've ever seen any dog stamps in "real" life. I used to collect stamps some time in the dim and distant past, but I've no idea what happened to them all.

Blogaire said...

It seems everybody was a stamp collector back when! And where are all those stamp albums? Haven't found mine yet, but I did find my brothers and a little devil was whispering in my ear but I resisted temptation (eventually) and handed them over to him.
Another thing - do kids collect stamps anymore?

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Hi Con~
I love the title of your post! It made me giggle!!
This is the first time to your blog as I am here through PFF and I love it~
Have a wonderful weekend,
everything vintage

Mandala Michelle said...

I wish I could crawl into my grandmother's old attic and seek out treasures! Great post.

Beth Niquette said...

That is absolutely COOL!!

Robin said...

Oh how fun....
It is great those things were still there waiting for you to find them again.

Have a beautiful weekend.

Anonymous said...

what a great adventure! haha
cool post, happy PFF xx

Kristin - The Goat said...

What a fun find!! Isn't it amazing the things that spark memories that were long forgotten.

Unseen India Tours said...

Wow these stamps as so beautiful !! Really enjoyed this post..Great..Your blog is so nice..I am following you now..Unseen Rajasthan

Terry said...

Howdy Con
Happy PFF.
Thank you for sharing ,
These are wonderful stamps.
Childhood should to be filled with so many fun ways to while away the hours .
I am so happy that you had the joy of stamp collecting.
Have a fabulous Friday.
Happy Trails