Friday 7 August 2009

I found these two humorous postcards in O'Connell Street and I thought they were quite cute and different from the usual "touristy"type cards on sale in Dublin's city centre. They were published by Chordcraft Cards Ltd, who don't appear to have a website, so I don't know if they are a recent issue or are pre WWW.
After having the wettest July on record I am now happy enough knowing that it was in fact only a few"soft days".
I am also taking note of the Irish proverb on the second card as I must leave Dublin at 7.30 am and drive to Wexford ....
When I get back late evening I will have a lot of catching up to do..
BECAUSE ... It's Friday, Postcard Friendship Friday time over at the lovely Marie's Cpaphil Vintage postcards. Drop in, have fun!!!
Happy PFF everybody.

8 comments:

Maria said...

Lovely cards no doubt. We're starved for rain over here in India. They even pray for rain at Mass...

Zuzana said...

Beautiful cards; I love them both. I like the way they describe Ireland in a fun way. I like the way rain is depicted in the first, as I too recognize it from living in Denmark, where we get so much of it.;)
And I sure agree with the sentiments in the last one.;)
Have a wonderful Friday.;)

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

My father always used to describe days as "soft". I don't know the proverb, but it rings very true!

Beth Niquette said...

I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed these postcards! Happy PFF!

Postcardy said...

I love them both. They are much more interesting than the usual tourist postcards.

We have had hardly any rain here this summer, but it is raining today finally.

Mandala Michelle said...

Very unique cards. I really enjoy postcards with artwork on them.

Clytie said...

I really like the cards. Happy PFF!

Terry said...

Howdy
Happy PFF to you .
These are delightful postcards.
How true about chasing time for the rest of the day !
Perhaps if you get tired of rain you can send some to Texas :)
Thank you so much for sharing these gorgeous and fun cards .
Have a blessed rest of the weekend.
Happy Trails