Tuesday 4 August 2009

One Man and his Horse

Well - a little man anyway! Jochan was an early morning visitor to Smithfield Square, just before the monthly horse market commenced. (for more on Smithfield Horse Market see my blog for March 2, 2009)
When I was his age I had a "pretend" horse too and anything John Wayne or James Stewart could do I could do better, I fought them all - Outlaws, Rustlers and Indians... and at the end of a long hard day I rode into the sunset on my trusted steed. Well, no actually - my Mother called me and I had to go home for supper.
Oh happy days!

4 comments:

Maria said...

Your Dublin photos are making me homesick! I can feel a visit home coming on again. It was great to have you visit me! Drop in anytime! And I'm contemplating who I should pick to play me if a Bollywood movie is ever made about my life!

Blogaire said...

Hmmm - it could be a blockbuster GAELIKAA. Hollywood meets Bollywood. It would have to be one of the leading ladies like Kate Winslet with of course Amir Khan!

Zuzana said...

What an unusual picture; combining the modern and the cold of the concrete with so much beauty and life. It is almost as if the boy and horse are superimposed on another background.;)
(PS: I am glad you and gaelikaa met; did I have something to do with it?;))

steviewren said...

I didn't have a pretend pet as a child, but I did love to hang on the bars of my swing set pretending to be Tarzan.