Monday 28 February 2011

They say that...

the camera never lies ...
but yet in my photograph this building appears slanted backwards, a la l
eaning tower of Pisa. In reality though and to the human eye it stands perfectly straight! It has all to do with my camera's lens, the angle, etc... The human eye is an amazing invention and will see it as it is. My friend Maja , who is a brilliant photographer (and btw produces her own unique fashion accessories & hair bands) can explain it all!
Still, whichever way you look at it I think it's a really beautiful building - formerly offices of CIE, the national transport agency, but now looking rather delerlict and lonely on North Wall Quay.

4 comments:

faye said...

I like old brick buildings..
they have character.

Zuzana said...

Leaning or not in the image, it is a beuatiful building.;)
Hope all is well with you dear friend,
xoxo

Valerie said...

I agree - angles can be like optical illusions. It'a grand building, it would be a sin to let it die.

steviewren said...

I never met a derelict lonely building that I didn't like...and want to photograph.