Friday 31 July 2009

"Waiting for Godot" by Samuel Beckett 1990

Robert Ballagh, born in Dublin in 1943 is one of Ireland's leading artists, creating iconic painting and graphic design works. As a graphic designer he has created over 60 stamps for An Post/Irish Post Office. ( Check out www.irishstamps.ie ).Thanks entirely to Marie and Postcard Friendship Friday I have rediscovered the Philatelic Shop inside the General Post Office in Dublin. There are many treasures in there to excite a Collector, even an amateur one like me - beautiful stamps, postcards and even mint special edition coins. I was browsing in there this week and came across a special issue of 6 postcards by Robert Ballagh first published in 2006 as part of an exhibition of stamp design, and for PFF this week I am featuring 2 of those cards. And being Irish, "to be sure to be sure" I bought two sets of the 6 postcard, postage paid issues, one for myself and...
I have decided to mail/post the six cards in the second set - one each to the first six people to send me an email (see under "view my complete profile) with the heading Robert Ballagh and their name & address - anywhere in the world! Hope you will like them!
Well, after all that - It's FRIDAY - time to board the postal express piloted by the lovely Marie who will bring you on a whirlwind tour around the world of Postcard Friendship Friday - fasten your seat belts folks!

11 comments:

Terry said...

Howdy
Happy PFF to you .
Oh what a fabulous post !
I am so glad you shared.
Have a wonderful rest of the week.
Happy Trails

steviewren said...

I love postcards and stamps as well. Thanks for introducing me to Robert Ballagh .

Robin said...

A fabulous postcard.....a wonderful find

Have a beautiful weekend.

Maria said...

My Irish is gone completely rusty, what's Suil Eile? Another walk, another foot? Your blog is very nice, I enjoyed visiting it. Drop over to me sometime, if you get a minute.

Paul van Yperen said...

Interesting postcard. Thanks for introducing Robert Ballagh to us.

Zuzana said...

I already enjoy the postcard Friday theme at Stevie's place and how wonderful that you post about it too.;)
I too find old postcards interesting as they often offer a personal view into the past.
Have a wonderful Friday.;)

Postcardy said...

That's a nice illustration. The U.S. Postal Service has had some interesting postcards too.

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

He does beautiful work. I too have started becoming more interested in stamps recently and the stamp cards are a very nice combination of the two interests.

viridian said...

Stamps and postcards - two wonderful things to collect. If I get to Dublin I will visit the PO you mention.

Debby said...

WOW!!!! This is awesome, thanks for sharing.
debby

Marie Reed said...

Con! I'm so thrilled that your passion for stamps and postcards has been rekindeled. The hobby mixes history and art in such a thrilling and usable manner! I would love to find one of these in my mailbox from you!